- May 16th 2010 – One Minute’s Silence
- Ireland remembers the victims of An t-Ocras Mór, The Great Hunger on Memorial Day Sunday, May 16th 2010.
- Ceremonies will be held in Murrisk, County Mayo,Ireland and in New York City.
- When complete The Ireland Canada Monument proposed for Western Canada will recognize the many Irish Canadians who have contributed to so much to Canada since before Confederation in 1867.
- The Monument will also remember the many Irish who reached Canada during 1845-48 but never had the opportunity to contribute.
- Please stand for a minutes silence at 12.00 pm on Sunday May 16th to remember the Irish that died during 1845-48 including those that died at Grosse Ile, Quebec, Partridge Island New Brunswick, Middle Island Miramachi River New Brunswick and on the Atlantic Crossing to Canada.
- Thank You.
From The Ireland Canada Monument Website – check it out at: